Sunday, January 9, 2011

Winter wonderland

Today was one of those almost painfully beautiful winter days, with crystal clear blue skies and bright sunshine illuminating the snow and ice-covered branches. It was cold, but not windy, so with the right attire it was a perfect day to play outside.

After naptime, I got Nathan all bundled up and we headed out into the backyard for the first sledding expedition of the year. I am thankful that we have a sloped backyard, so we didn't have to pack into the car. N climbed into the sled, I pulled him to the top of the hill, and then we went sliding down! He loved it!! We took a few more runs and then Nathan decided to get out of the sled and play in the snow for a while. Todd came out to join us and we did some more sledding and some more horsing around in the snow.

When we all decided we were getting just a little too cold, we went inside and made some hot chocolate. Nathan sat at his table and drank out of a real mug. What a big boy!

Let's go sledding!

Whee!


Joy.


I love this kid. And I love his puffy snow pants.




Hot chocolate out of a big boy mug!


Cheers!


Whew, my big boy isn't so big after all! :)


1 comment:

Hillary said...

I love the pic of Todd and Nathan toasting to their hot chocolate!!!