Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas Eve-Eve

December 23rd was spent at Mom and Dad's house playing with toys, cooking, hiking in the woods, and eating the delicious food! Mom and Joanna are amazing cooks, and they both outdid themselves during the holiday festivities, which was to the benefit of my taste buds, if not my waistline (the return to my workout schedule and less luxurious meals are the only two good things about the end of the holiday break).

Steve and Joanna posing with the gingerbread that they made. This was the night before we were allowed to eat it--apparently it tastes better after it sits, and it sat looking very alluring all night and into the next day. Just when Mom and I were about to give in to temptation and have the gingerbread for breakfast, Joanna walked into the kitchen and shooed us away! :)


J and I went for a hike in the woods behind Mom and Dad's house. Proof that the California girl can survive in the snow!!



Look at this beautiful gingerbread! Can you blame me for wanting to eat it as soon as possible?


Nathan very quickly embraced the concept of licking the whipped cream off the mixer.


What a nice boy to share some with Daddy!

Yay! It's finally time!



Oh! It's so beautiful!


Nathan and Grandpa John doing important work on the computer (aka, watching clips from the movie Cars).





Important sibling discussions.


Joanna preparing the strata for the next morning's breakfast.


Nathan clearly created something amazing.

Dad working on his annual dessert masterpiece: cream puffs!

Important father-son discussions.



Guess where I got my penchant for taking photographs?

Like father, like daughter.


My sweet sister!


Such a cute couple! I love them.


No comments: