Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Celebrating 33

I had a lovely series of birthday celebrations this year, starting with an early celebration with all of my girls in Kentucky. On my actual birthday I had the day off of work, and I had a wonderfully lowkey day hanging out with Nathan. Todd brought home a cake for dessert which all three of us loved.

Making a wish!


Birthday girl. :)


My sweet boy, waiting for his cake.

Last weekend Mom and Dad came down to Kalamazoo, and Dad cooked the absolutely delicious Engagement Chicken. It's a recipe from the Barefoot Contessa (find it here), and lore has it that several women made this dish for their boyfriends and were all engaged within a few months--talk about an irresistible meal!

Dad getting the bird all ready to roast.


Nathan and Grandma Gail are great friends and playmates. N decided that his entire fleet needed to be moved from the playroom into the living room.


Isn't she a thing of beauty???


Dad working to convert the drippings, onion, and lemon into a delicious sauce.


Nathan and Grandma reading.


Tired enough to lay down, but not tired enough to stop playing!


I'm super excited about the Amy Butler bath towels that Mom and Dad got me! Aren't they pretty?

1 comment:

Hillary said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I really want chicken and cake now :)