Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sunday Brunch

Since Nathan wasn't informed of the time zone change, he was up bright and early Sunday morning! One of my favorite things about the weekends is that I get to just bring Nathan into bed with me, where I get to breastfeed him and snuggle, and it's not a big deal if we both doze off again for a little while. It's pure snuggly heaven!!

After we were all up, Nancy finally got to feed Nathan (I think she's been counting down the hours since the day he was born!). Nathan showed off his eating from a spoon skills, and I think they both had fun. Then we put Nathan in his stroller and walked a few blocks to find a place to have brunch. We decided to try out Feast, which Erin and Stu had been curious about for awhile. That way all three of us were trying something new. It was SO yummy! They have a great outdoor patio, so we sat and enjoyed the sunshine. Let me just say that this restaurant is aptly named; we all had quite the breakfast feast! After stuffing ourselves silly, we wandered through a few of the really cute boutiques that line the streets in Bucktown.

The ride home went pretty well. We didn't get stopped in traffic for nearly as long as we did on the way into town. About an hour from home, Nathan woke up from a nap crying. We got off at the next exit, as it was time for him to eat, and we discovered that he had a MONSTER of a diaper blowout!! There was poop everywhere! Poor little guy--he and his carseat were both covered in it, and he was so unhappy. Luckily Nancy and I were able to divide and conquer--I took the baby and she took the seat--and we were able to clean it up pretty well considering that we were armed only with napkins and baby wipes. After all that drama and some food, Nathan was exhausted and slept the rest of the way home! Needless to say, I spent yesterday evening on a sterilization mission, washing the kid, myself, the carseat, the straps, the toys and the clothes. Whew! :)

Nancy feeding Nathan his sweet potatoes while Nathan, in typical fashion, hams it up for the camera.


We tried a high chair for the first time, but Nathan is too much of a peanut and not quite good enough at sitting for it to work, so he sat on my lap instead.


Nancy and Erin on the patio at Feast.


Me and my sweet boy


My delightful breakfast--Challah French toast with peaches and blueberries. I must add that I ate this breakfast left-handed while breastfeeding Nathan. It is amazing how I'm able to multi-task now! :)


Aunt Erin and Nathan--I love this pic!

No comments: