Sunday, November 27, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Nancy and Dan hosted Thanksgiving festivities at their house, as per tradition.  Every other year, Stuart and Erin celebrate with us, as well as Dan's brother Tom, his wife Clem, Todd's cousin Mike and his kids and cousin Amy, her soon-to-be husband and their son.  I love the big Thanksgiving years, because the house is full of kiddos and hub-bub and laughter.  We all gathered around noon, ate around 1:30, watched the Lions game, and enjoyed the beautiful sunny day.

Erin and Stuart hanging out with Natalie.

Amy and Avery.  Avery was really, really excited that there was a baby here, and stuck close to whoever was holding Natalie.  It was really cute! :)

Me and my sweet boy (with a mouthful of crackers)

Carving the turkey.

Kaden and Alex playing with cars and trains.  Nathan spent a lot of time in here too.  The three boys paid attention to what the others were doing, but played by themselves, right next to each other.

Brothers

I either get "cheese" face or big surprised eyes when I take pics of Nathan these days.  This was the most natural expression with eye contact that I was able to manage.  I so appreciate digital photography where I can take lots and lots of photos!

Grandma Nancy and her sweet Nathan--these two are such good buddies!

Papa snuggling Natalie so that Todd and I could eat dinner, with Avery keeping vigil close by.

The feast!

After we ate, the kids went outside to burn off some energy.

Nathan was having a little trouble sharing his ball.



Post ball playing and hiking with Uncle Stu, Nathan ate TWO pieces of pumpkin pie!

Nancy and Clem

Chuck and Amy

Tom and Mike watching football.  Avery took a break from watching Natalie to read a book with Erin.

As is my annual tradition, I made sure to get some family photos. And now there are four of us!



No comments: