Sunday, August 22, 2010

Oliver's Quilt

When I found out that Gillian, Dylan and Oliver were going to be in Michigan this weekend, and that we were going to have the opportunity to see them, it was exactly the kick in the pants that I needed to get Oliver's baby quilt finished! As soon as I heard that the nursery theme G & D picked out was "eclectic plaid" I buzzed over to the fabric store and had a ball selecting a medley of plaids. I love the process of making baby quilts to celebrate the arrival of my dear friends' children. It's a joyous event to mark, the variety of fabrics I get to work with is broad, and the size of the quilt (small!) makes it a manageable project, even in my now much-limited time for sewing.

Finished product



Gillian with the quilt

The adorable recipient!

2 comments:

Hillary said...

Nicely done! Is that a flannel backing?

Jessica said...

what a wonderful gift for a darn cute baby Oliver! do they call him Ollie too?