Monday, July 6, 2009

Retreat on Cooley Lake

On Thursday I took a vacation day, and Nathan and I packed into the car and drove over to the Detroit suburbs to Gillian's parents' house for a little pre-4th of July celebration. I was sad to miss the big Hooker Family 4th festivities, but it was actually really nice to hang out with Gillian, Caroline, Dick and Jan; it was so relaxing and wonderful to get caught up with all of them. It was cold and gray and drizzling outside, so we spent most of our time around the table eating delicious food (thanks Jan and Caroline!), drinking great wine (thanks Dick!) and laughing the night away. Nathan was on very good behavior, and I think everyone enjoyed him. I didn't take many pictures, as we were having such a good time talking and my camera batteries were running low, but I did manage to snap a few photos before the batteries died.

Nathan and Auntie Caroline


Dick and Nathan

No comments: