Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Family Reunion

On Thursday evening of our Rochester trip, we had a little family reunion at Webster Park, which is right on Lake Ontario. It is so beautiful, and both my mom and I have many memories of playing here as children, so it was extra appropriate. It was perfect picnic weather--sunny and warm and not buggy, after weeks of gloomy rain in up-state NY; we got lucky!

My Great-Aunt Ann (my grandpa's sister) and Great-Uncle Bob, Uncle Mark (my mom's brother), Aunt Jeanne, and my cousins Jenna and Ryan were all able to find time in their schedules to join us for the festivities. We all enjoyed chatting and catching up with each other. It was interesting to talk, as everyone in the family seems to be at a point of transition in their lives. Ann and Bob just welcomed a new grandson to the world, Ryan is starting at massage school in a few weeks, Jenna just graduated from Kenyon, my cousin Trevor (who had to work and couldn't make it) just graduated from high school, and Mark and Jeanne just bought a new house and are embarking on the life of empty nesters!

It was so great to see them and hear all their stories. I love my family!!

Nathan's first trip to Lake Ontario.


Of course we need a self portrait to mark the occaision. :)


Four Generations!!


Aunt Ann, Aunt Jeanne and Mom


Jenna


Uncle Mark


Grandma


Me, Jenna, Mark, Ann, Grandma and Uncle Bob getting caught up.


Aunt Jeanne and Nathan


Me! :)

No comments: