Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Ode to the Mission District Burrito

The Mission District is known for its delicious burritos, and I am known for my love of burritos. :) Ever since Steve sent me a newspaper write-up about how great the Mission burritos are, I have been dreaming of sampling the delectable offerings. Our tour of the Mission included a stop at El Matate, Steve's favorite burrito place. DELICIOUS!!!! On our last night in town, Joanna brought home burritos from her favorite spot, Pancho Villa. It was so fitting to have our vacation bookended with burritos!

Mmmm... pork chili verde








Beer from the local brewery Speakeasy is a delicious compliment to the Pancho Villa burrito.


Steve, you may have a future as a hand model!


While we were at El Matate, Nathan discovered that Aunt Joanna knows how to play the "bang on the table" game. I think this was when their friendship was cemented forever! :)

1 comment:

Hillary said...

Mmmmmmm.....burrito.....I want one really bad now!