Saturday, July 18, 2009

Four Generations

Last week Mom, Nathan and I took a road trip to Rochester, NY to visit my Grandma Joan. Grandma's house is the only place that I still go to that I have been visiting my entire life. I am always filled with memories of playing in the backyard or in the living room behind the sofa, which was a great little nook where all of our toys resided. This is also the house that my mom grew up in. It was so important to me to introduce Nathan to Grandma Joan, and to the house on Walzford Road that carries so many memories. Nathan's middle name, Richard, is in honor of my grandfather who passed away in October 2003. Both of my grandparents played a huge role in my life and I am so glad that Nathan got to meet my grandma.


Mom and Nathan in the front yard


Hanging out on the patio with Grandma Joan


Trying to grab the camera!


Exploring the flowers at the neighborhood market

Sweet boy!

So many great conversations and so much laughter happens at this kitchen table.


Grandma's golden retriever, Shadow, checking out what this baby is all about.


Dining alfresco


The third generation to have a bath in this sink!


No comments: