Monday, July 13, 2009

Nathan's Tree

We decided when pregnant with Nathan that we wanted to plant a tree in celebration of his birth, that would grow along with him. The fact that we live in Michigan, and Nathan is a December baby necessitated a delay between his birth and the planting of his tree!

Todd has great memories from childhood of playing under his neighbors' weeping mulberry tree. When mature, the branches arch over and touch the ground, making a great little hideout by the trunk, where you can sit and have your own private space surrounded by delicious fruit! Once I heard about this, we were in absolute agreement that this would be the perfect tree for Nathan (and perhaps his parents too!).

While Nathan and I were visiting my grandmother in Rochester (posts on that trip are coming soon!) Todd purchased and planted Nathan's tree. I can't wait to look at these pictures someday and marvel at how much my son and his tree have grown.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

He's right, such a tree is an important part of any Fowle child's youth. My new jogging route has me stepping on a lot of fallen mulberries, and it always makes me think of the one on Cherry Street!