Thursday, December 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Nathan!

Unbelievable, my son is one year old today! Since it was a work day, I took Nathan to daycare this morning, where all the teachers greeted us with a chorus of "Happy Birthday!" They had also put up some decorations around the room with Nathan's name on it--so nice! All the teachers seemed happy that N and I arrived bearing cupcakes. Nathan's gift to me today was that he was not hysterical when I had to leave (we've been having a string of really rough separation anxiety days), so I was able to give him a kiss goodbye and head off for the office.

Todd and I went out to lunch together, and had fun talking about what was happening "at this time last year." What an intense day that was! I am lucky that Todd is an incredible birth partner--he was a huge support for me. Of course, I think I did some pretty awesome work too. :)

After we all got home for the day, Nathan unwrapped some presents, played with some of his new toys and books and had dinner. And then it was cupcake time!! It took him a few seconds of concern about the texture of the frosting, but once he got a taste, he was a man on a mission until that cupcake was GONE! He loved it! Then it was straight to the bathtub for the young man. Then with some jammies and a song, we tucked him into bed. What a sweet, sweet boy.

Getting a special present from Daddy.


Loved the bow!


Daddy had to show him that the toy was actually cooler than the bow.


Oh, wait, this thing has buttons? Awesome!


N had a blast pulling the tissue paper out of the gift bag that Marcia and Greg McMorrow left on our doorstep today.


Awww, giving the stuffed cat a big hug as soon as he pulled it out of the bag! :)


Dinner at our house has become quite the messy affair!


Mom, what is this thing?


I don't know, the frosting texture is kind of weird...


Naturally, I will put some in my mouth.


This stuff is DELICIOUS!!


All business as he demolishes the cupcake.


Mmmm.... chocolate!




Video of the cupcake consumption

2 comments:

Hillary said...

Mmmmm....cupcakes.....

Dan said...

laughing very hard right now :)