Friday, October 7, 2011

Walk in the Woods

Tuesday was my first day solo-parenting both kids.  Luckily, all three of us were in a great mood, and it was a picture-perfect fall day.  After we all three took an afternoon nap (yes, the kiddos treated me kindly that day) Nathan declared, "It's a beautiful sunny fall day!"  I agreed and we headed over to the section of the Kalamazoo River Valley Trail that is very close to our house to burn off some energy and enjoy the weather.  The trail was great because it's paved for easy stroller access, and there is no motor vehicle traffic which meant that Nathan could run free.  We all had a grand time.  Natalie snoozed in her stroller while Nay and I checked out the cows, looked for the llamas (they weren't in their usual field), played with sticks, found walnuts and pretended to be race cars. Such fun!

It's so rare that I catch him looking at the camera AND smiling!

Sweet girl

Toddler on the loose!

Nathan was very excited that he got to push baby Natalie's stroller.

Photo op with my sweet boy

Natalie and Mommy

The whole gang!

Big stick!  He was pretending that it was a leaf blower and he was clearing the path.  That's my mechanically-minded boy, turning nature into machinery!

No comments: