Thursday, October 6, 2011

Newborn Photo Session

There are approximately one million reasons that I am happy to have my dear friend Becky in my life.  I've known her since freshman year in college (which was longer ago than I like to think) and we've both done a lot of growing up together.  We share a similar attitude toward life and parenting.  Our families get along well, and no matter how much time passes between conversations, things are easy and natural between us.  As an extremely talented professional photographer, we've been lucky to have Becky document many of the important moments in our family's life.  Natalie's arrival was no exception!  

Last Sunday Becky came over and spent the day snuggling Natalie, catching up with me, and taking an extended photo shoot of newborn and family photos.  Natalie and Nathan were not the most willing subjects--Nathan never holds still longer than .25 seconds, and Natalie was not in the mood to be a sleepy and pliable newborn; she had her own opinions about where her hands and feet should be!  Becky took it all in stride and was completely unfazed by my difficult kiddos (at least she was a master of pretending to stay zen).

It was so nice to have the whole day with Becky, and fascinating to see the behind-the-scenes work that goes into a newborn session.  She's posted some of the beautiful results on her blog:  http://www.beckyandersonphotography.com/blog/2011/10/little-miss-natalie-kalamazoo-newborn-photographer/  I can't wait to see the rest!

And the best news of all is that Becky and her family are moving back to Kalamazoo!!!!  I am so incredibly thrilled!  When they lived here five years ago, Becky and I spent time together on almost a weekly basis, and I'm so thrilled to return to nurturing our friendship and hobbies on a regular basis, and to know that our kids will grow up together.

Aunt Becky meets Natalie (in the background you can see some of Becky's photos from previous sessions framed on our wall).

Getting ready to do some sibling photos on the bed.

Sweet little Natalie

Here comes the big brother!  I can't wait to see the photos of the two of them.

Reclining on her luxurious beanbag.

No comments: