Sunday, October 11, 2009

Saturday with my baby

After swim class yesterday morning Todd headed off to Chicago for the night for Stuart's bachelor party. Nathan took a nice long nap in the afternoon, and he woke up in a great mood, so I decided that we should take advantage of the beautiful fall weather and go for a hike on the trail behind our house. The leaves are just beginning to change color, the air was crisp, and it felt so good to be in the woods, spend time with my little guy and my dog, and just breathe deeply for awhile. It was the first time in quite a while that I've felt at peace. Deuce was thrilled to stretch his legs a bit and had a ball bounding up and down the trail. Nathan loves the outdoors, and we stopped a lot so that he could touch the bark, leaves and grasses. I hope to keep fostering his instinctive love for the fresh air and the woods.

I love that Deuce is in this picture too!




So pretty! We're so lucky to have this trail right behind the house.


Happy dog in the woods.


Happy mommy, contemplative baby, investigative dog in the woods.


It's starting to look like fall!


Back inside, we had to crawl around for a bit. Doesn't Nathan look like such a big boy in his t-shirt and jeans?


On the move.

2 comments:

Hillary said...

I'm so glad you had a good weekend!!

Becky said...

I miss you, Al Sabo, Ruby and Deuce. :(