Thursday, October 1, 2009

Erin's bachelorette party

On Saturday I flew from Baltimore into Chicago for Erin's bachelorette party. I met up briefly with Todd, Stuart and Nathan to say hello, feed Nathan and drop off my bags at Ryan and Anne's apartment (where we were staying). Then the boys dropped me off at Erin's place for our girls' night out.

We hung out at the apartment for awhile, snacking, singing and primping for the night on the town. After a champagne toast and present opening we walked over to Silver Cloud for dinner. After a leisurely meal of comfort food and drinks (I had grilled cheese, tomato soup and Magic Hat beer) we hopped in a cab and headed for the bar district near Clark and Division. Our first stop was McFadden's, where they played lots of music from the nineties. This was odd because I simultaneously felt old, as I was way above the median age of the rest of the patrons, but right at home as I knew all the songs they played. After much dancing and merriment there, we headed down the block and around the corner to another bar that was smaller but had a better dance floor and current music (so I didn't know the words to as many songs).

I think everyone had a good time, and I had a lot of fun getting to know Erin's sister, cousins and friends from high school and college.

A champagne toast to kick off the festivities!


Hooray for presents!


The whole group, from left: Tiffany (friend), Erin (bride!), Lindsey (friend, bridesmaid), Gina (friend), Lauren (cousin), Jen (Erin's sister), Lisa (cousin)


Tiffany, Gina, Erin and Lindsey on the dance floor at McFadden's.


Cheers!

1 comment:

Hillary said...

Where are the pictures of you?!