Saturday, January 24, 2009

Slumber Party!

Last night Todd had a much deserved (and much enjoyed) night out with the boys. He and Toby went up to Grand Rapids to check out Joey and Jenny's new place, and go out for dinner and drinks. I decided to take this opportunity to have a slumber party at my parents' house with Nathan and Deuce. I think Grandma and Grandpa were thrilled to be able to spend so much time with Nathan, and put some of the baby equipment they've acquired to use. Nathan enjoyed being doted on, and I enjoyed having two extra pairs of hands around to help with my little munchkin! Deuce enjoyed going on squirrel patrol in the back yard, and having a change of scenery and a car ride.

In the late evening, Todd and Nathan usually hang out together while I catch some Zs in preparation for the nighttime feeding sessions. It was clear from his increased fussiness during this time that Nathan wondered where his daddy was, and why mommy was putting him in a strange bed, but eventually he settled down and the evening went very well.

It should come as no surprise to anyone that this event was very well documented in photographs! Believe it or not, this is an extremely pared-down selection of the available photos (can I help it that my kid is so cute???).

Todd stopped by to drop off the dog and some supplies, as well as a little snuggle with Nathan, before he hit the town for his night out.


Tummy Time!


Hanging out with Grandpa.


Can you tell they're happy to have their grandson over?? :)


Deuce finally gets a little attention.


"Mom, do I have to produce a burp? Can't I just keep eating??"


Deuce attempting to give his baby kisses--he doesn't really know the meaning of moderation when it comes to giving out kisses!

Cutie!!!

Just hanging out in the bouncy seat.





Snoozing while his favorite cow looks on.


Hanging out with mommy.

No comments: