Friday, January 16, 2009

Nathan Update

Nathan and I have spent much of the week hunkered down and snuggling inside; it has been really, really cold here!! The overdramatic meteorologists have been calling it THE DEEP FREEZE.
Saturday the 10th was Nathan's due date, and I spent some time being thankful that he is here and healthy, and being very glad that I wasn't in labor anymore! :) We had a busy weekend of visitors--Uncle Stuart and Grandpa Dan stopped by, Patti and Robert came over, Andrea, Dave and their two little girls brought us a delicious dinner, Grandma and Grandpa Emhof came over, and then Ben, Jessie and Lizzie Bierlein stopped by. It's so great to be surrounded by such amazing friends and family, and see how much they adore Nathan!
I spent a great morning with Suzanne on Tuesday. It was wonderful to have some one-on-one time and really get caught up. Plus she took some great pictures of Nathan with her fancy new camera!

Wednesday Nathan and I braved the subzero temperatures and visited Admissions. I had a meeting with my supervisors about the date I'll be returning to work (boo!) and then had fun introducing my little man to some of my co-workers. Nathan decided he needed to eat, and then we both needed a nap, so we headed home before we finished making the rounds of the office, but it was plenty of excitement for both of us for one day!
This week Nathan has been awake and alert a lot more during the day. He is much more intentional about looking at things, and is making a lot more eye contact. I love that he's continuing to practice his smiles, and sometimes he surprises himself with the loud noises he can make! Breastfeeding has started going a lot better this week, which is a relief to both of us I think. :)

Here are some recent photos:

Cuddling with Mommy on his due date!!


Hanging out with Uncle Stuart.


Meeting Ben, Jessie and Lizzie Bierlein for the first time.



When he's awake, Nathan loves to look at the cow.


Not afraid to express his opinion about bathtime! :)
Modeling the cute outfit that Evan Sarapu sent him! :)

1 comment:

Arichica said...

I just love the baby stage. I could just snuggle up with him all day long! Miss you...