Saturday, November 15, 2014

Halloween Fun

Lots of Halloween photos in this post, ya'll! We started the celebrations the weekend before Halloween, when Nathan, Natalie, and Danielle's friends Trey, Ty, and Harper hosted a Halloween party at their house. It was a perfect, sunny fall afternoon, and the kids had a blast.

This year's costumes: traffic light, purple butterfly, adorable baby in a tutu










The night before Halloween, we got down to some pumpkin carving business. Both kiddos were very excited to draw their pumpkin face carving plan.


Todd and I helped with the actual carving, and then it came time to scoop. Nathan was NOT into it. He didn't like the slime. His sister, however, was all about it. Natalie cleaned out her pumpkin and then helped Nathan with his!









On Halloween day, I went to Natalie's preschool for the annual Halloween parade. I love it because it is a bunch of little kids looking mystified by the fact that they are all dressed funny, all their parents are at school with them, and said parents are taking hundreds of photos. :)  Amazingly, there were no Elsas! Just one Anna.



Purple butterfly on the move

Natalie and her best buddy Riley


Preschool room girls

In what has become a treasured tradition, we went over to Suzanne and Bryan's house for dinner and trick-or-treating. Ellie, dressed as Audrey Hepburn, had already left with her group of friends by the time I got out my camera, but the younger ones humored me briefly before heading out into the COLD evening for trick-or-treating. Yes, my friends, although it was 70 degrees on Monday, but Friday's Halloween celebrations there was snow on the ground! Sigh. It's the only time I have found myself wishing that I lived back in the South again. I love having four seasons, but trick-or-treating in the snow is not much fun, at least for the grown-ups! It was marvelous to spend time with Suz and Bryan and their kids though. They are dear friends, and they only live a few miles from us, but busy schedules mean that we rarely get together. Thank goodness I work with Suz so I get to see her on a daily basis!

No comments: