Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend

 I forgot to bring my real camera up north for Memorial Day weekend. This was a bummer, but my trusty iphone was able to take up some of the slack. My biggest regret is that I didn't have my real camera with me to take a family photo, since Jordan was there for the weekend and it was Danielle's first trip to the cottage. 

The weather for the entire weekend was picture perfect--sunny and warm with cool evenings.  There are definitely Memorial Day weekends where we have been bundled up in long sleeves and jeans the whole time--in fact, it didn't even occur to me to pack shorts for anyone and this was a rare year where we could have worn them! 

Driving on M-22, watching the Bay out the window and knowing we're almost there!

The newest excitement in Northport is the opening of Tucker's right downtown. It's a cute restaurant and bowling alley.  Can you tell the kids were excited to see Grandma??

Cars in the Park is an annual tradition, and this was D's first trip to a car show! Spoiler alert: she slept through it. :)

The rest of the family was a little more alert. 



Both big kids were SO excited to get their fingers and toes in the sand.


We also couldn't resist putting our toes in the COLD bay.


Baby D partaking in one of the delights of the cottage: hanging out on the deck.


Sleeping beauty.

Aunt Erin was teaching Danielle about the Tigers.

Natalie learned how to pedal a tricycle!!

Nathan was enthralled with the scooter that Nancy and Larry had when they were kids. He rode it all weekend!

 May 22nd was our 10 year wedding anniversary!! Dan and Nancy watched the kids on Sunday, and Todd and I spent the afternoon driving to Traverse City and back up the peninsula enjoying the scenery and doing some tastings at 2 breweries, a creamery, a winery, a distillery and a cidery--good thing they were just tastings! ;)  My favorite stop of the day was at Right Brain Brewing in TC. They have super interesting beers and they make waffle sandwiches. Todd was not impressed by my desire to photograph my meal... :)

Spring's late arrival this year meant that we got to see all of the cherry orchards in full bloom. SO beautiful. I love Michigan.

We capped off our vacation with a breakfast trip to Barb's Bakery for some cinnamon twists and chocolate donuts. So delicious!


No comments: