Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Kentucky Weekend 2014

This year we met for our annual girls' weekend in late March instead of January. Since the 2013 girls' weekend, in our group if eleven women we have had: 5 new babies born, a cancer diagnosis and treatment, the loss of a parent, a parent diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer's, a cross-country move/new job, and a hundred other victories and challenges. It has been quite the year!!

Our gathering in Kentucky was only 6 of the 11, but having a quieter weekend this year wasn't necessarily a bad thing, as we all arrived a little ragged. :)  Babies who aren't yet mobile are welcome to join the weekend festivities, so this year Gillian's daughter Nora and my peanut Danielle experienced their first girls' weekend. They were both such good babies the whole weekend, and I think they both liked having a few days as only children. 

I am thankful every single day for this group of women in my life. The level of comfort I feel around them, knowing that they love me for who I am, is one I will never take for granted. This year we did the math and realized we have now been friends for half our lives! I'm a lucky lady.








No comments: