Sunday, May 20, 2012

Mothers Day

Actual Mother's Day was lovely!  Todd and the kids spoiled me, getting me a beautiful hanging basket of flowers that Nathan picked out, along with a paper flower that Nay made for me at school.  Nathan and I went on a date together--lunch at "our Paneras" and then a trip to Lowes where we picked out flowers for the window boxes and pots on our deck.  It's so rare that Nathan and I get to go out and about just the two of us; it was such a treat!

Then the kids treated me by both taking really long naps at the same time.  Trust me, this is a rare treat, indeed!  I planted all the flowers that Nathan and I bought and enjoyed the meditative state that I can only really achieve while gardening or on a solo run.

After the kiddos woke up from their naps, we loaded into the car and headed up to Hillary and Jeff's house to celebrate Graham's first birthday.  It was so great to see Hillary in a non-work setting!  G was super sweet and really loved his first cupcake.  All in all it was a fantastic day!

Natalie trying on Nathan's sunglasses.  She wasn't sure what to think!


Graham exploring his cupcake.

Graham's paparazzi. :)

Happy family!

Sweet snuggles with mama.

Nathan put his stamp of approval on the cupcakes.

Just boys hanging out. :)

No comments: