Sunday, August 30, 2009

Weekend fun

This weekend was a really great balance of being productive around the house and being social. We had a lowkey evening on Friday, just logging some time as couch potatoes. Saturday we put some much-needed energy into cleaning the house--it had been way too long, and it feels SO nice to have it clean now! If only it would stay that way...

Saturday evening our friends Michael and Janine came over for dinner with their two kids Mikayla (3) and Noah (15 months). Nathan was super excited to have big kids in his house, and just watched, fascinated, as they raced around the house. Later that night, Lindsey came into town and stayed the night with us. It was really great to spend some one on one time with her this morning. Have I ever mentioned that I really miss having all my friends live close by???

The reason Linds was in town was to attend Annalee's baby shower this afternoon. She, Jen, Patti, Nathan and I all caravaned down to Annalee's parents' house in Three Rivers. The house is absolutely beautiful, as is the glowing mommy-to-be!

This evening Stuart and Erin stopped in to say hi on their way back to Chicago after spending the weekend in Ann Arbor; Nancy and Dan came over too.

Now my baby's in bed, my hubby's working out in the shop, and my blog is up to date--time to snuggle up with a cup of tea and my sheepdog!

Annalee opening presents.


The girls (and a cute little boy!): Jess, Lindsey, Annalee, Jenn, Patti


Dan and I


Aunt Erin and Nathan


The fam hanging out


Isn't he just adorable?? :)

No comments: