Monday, August 11, 2008

Fun-filled Weekend

This weekend was so busy, and so much fun! Friday night Todd and I met Joey and Toby for dinner at La Pinata for a big pile of delicious Mexican food. After that I tried to stay up and watch the Olympics opening ceremony, but with all that food to digest, I just couldn't do it! On Saturday Todd must have been feeling angelic, because he decided to clean out my car!! If you do not already know this, I am notorious for never, ever cleaning my car, so this was quite the undertaking for him! While Todd and Lola the Corolla were spending quality time together, I took the standard transmission Subaru out to run errands all over Portage. I only stalled out a few times, and no one honked at me, so it went pretty well. :) Saturday evening we gathered up a bunch of friends and had dinner at Ribfest, followed by an evening of Enduro racing at the Kalamazoo Speedway. In case you are feeling as if you are too sophisticated and classy to enjoy an evening like this, then it's your loss entirely--it was a blast!! I posted some pics below.

Sunday morning a group of us went to brunch at Jared's new restaurant, A Food Affair, which was absolutely delicious! Jared has worked incredibly hard to create a nice atmosphere, and met with great success--and the food is out of this world. It was well worth the drive to Augusta. Todd and Jordan spent the afternoon installing a new axle in the old BMW, and I hunkered down for an afternoon of quilting and watching the Olympics. It's probably a good thing that the Olympics only happen every two years, because I may have an addiction to them! We took the dog for a walk in the evening, and then it was right back to the tv for me! :)


Todd, Joey and Jordan, waiting for the race to begin


Jenn, Jen, Jenny (crazy, I know!!) and I in the stands


All of the crazy cars lined up on the 3/8 mile track, ready to go

No comments: